Tuesday, February 21, 2012

No TV Fat Tuesday!


So I said I would do something cool this No TV Tuesday....but Tuesday arrived rather quickly and I had planned nothing to do. Oops! Luckily yesterday my Grandma had asked if we all wanted to come over for dinner so we did. Little did we know she was throwing a Mardi Gras Party just for us!

We had beignet's (a desert kind of bread), Jambalaya!, and even King Cake complete with a baby baked inside! She had beads, dabloons, masks, and even a sparkle for our faces which is apparently another tradition. We spent the night listening to Jazz music and watching Odin play with the Mardi Gras Decorations.

It was a pretty good night to skip TV I tell ya!









4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that pic of you and Jeremy at the end! leave it to you ladies to plan something awesome like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fat Tuesday was so fun! Next year Kaarin has to bring the King cake since she got the baby in the cake!

    Tonight is my no TV Thursday! I plan on hemming a wedding dress and listening to my newly downloaded music. We will see how I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome. What a fantastic family you have. They always make these small holidays so much more fun.

    My No TV Thursday this week involved a trip to the zoo and eating out with my girls. It was really nice . . . but then we watched TV. I should call it Marginally TV-less Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kaarin - I nominated you for an award on my blog because I love to love you out loud while sitting on a porch drinking ice cold cherry coke. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete