Tuesday, February 7, 2012



Our first No TV Tuesday! Here are some of the great things we did today! Be patient as I figure out what to post and what to leave out. Since making lists is one of my favorite past times I might go overboard at first. Some of the things are really basic, but I am actually in the moment while these things are happening instead of my mind being pulled in many directions


*Target run (not like this is something I never do)

*$2 Medium drink at caribou!
*Did some reading of the 2nd book of the Hunger Games
*Odin played in his bouncy chair (the only thing he likes to do these days)
*Did the dishes, and tried to repair the dishwasher that has been on the fritz for weeks. We will know tomorrow if I was successful!
*Listened to some music with Odin (Dan seals greatest hits, Bear Naked Ladies, and Britney Spears) Nice mix huh?
*Odin took a nice nap, while I blogged.
*Odin, Chaco, and I sat in front of the window and watched people walk by on the path while we read books. Then we built towers out of blocks and knocked them over again and again!
*Went over to Grandma & Grandpa's to see them and Auntie Brooke!
*Jeremy and I spent the rest of the evening hanging out listening to some tunes and reading.

All in all it was a pretty successful first day without TV. Hopefully I will be able to use this day as a jumping off point to try to remember that the TV does not always have to be on during the rest of the week. I told Jeremy to stop downloading some shows that I really don't care very much about so there is less to watch in the first place. A lot of the stuff I have been watching is garbage anyway!

You can do it too!!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, and I've been meaning to find out what to do with my life apart from watching TV. I have off tomorrow. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are great!!! My brother made them for Odin for Christmas! He made a huge rubbermaid bin full!

    How about some Valentines Crafts!! Take a trip to the dollar store and make something awesomely sweet ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried out a no TV Thursday (we failed a tiny bit), but it was nice to get out of the house and away from everything. It'll be easier in the summer. What can I say, you inspire me Kaar.

    ReplyDelete